Halkidiki is a region full of trails combining elevated spots for breathtaking views, forests and beaches that can only be visited by those in fond of hiking and walking.
Halkidiki is definitely a region ideal for nature lovers and because of its nature has become also a wanted destination of the more adventurous visitors in Greece.
There are trails for beginners and experienced hikers well documented and published widely. And of course, there is a vast selection of organized tours and even holiday packages.
So if a holiday for you is not just days of relaxation or visiting ancient sights and getting acquainted with the Greek history and culture, choosing Halkidiki as your destination would be the best thing to do.
And some of the hiking trails that have been recommended to us by our readers are:
- Toroni – Paradise beach – Toroni 11Km
- Porto Koufo – Kapros – Porto Koufo
- Forbidden Beaches of Neos Marmaras 20Km
- Kallithea – Kriopigi – Kallithea 12.33 km
- Mola Kaliva – Fourka 10.41 km
- Kassandrino – Mola Kaliva 7.01 km
- Polichrono – Lake Mavrobara – Kassandrino 10.36 km
- Skala Fourka – Kalandra – Possidi – Skala Fourka 14.81 km
- Pefkohori – Glarocavos Bay – Chrousso Bay 10.22 km
- Nea Fokea – Nea Potidea 12.09 km
- Kriopigi – Polichrono – Hanioti – Pefkohori 13.89 km
- Agia Paraskevi – Spa Loutra Agia Paraskevi 15.58 km
- Kallithea – Kassandria 5.70 km
- Kassandria – Lekani – Fourka 7.62 km
We apologise for not sharing first-hand reviews of these trails but we are not very active when on holidays.