Kourabiedes! An all times classic Greek recipe!
- 250 gr sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 gr baking powder
- 225 gr butter
- 30 gr confectioners’ sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 30 ml brandy
- 3 ml vanilla extract
- 70 gr finely chopped blanched almonds
- 36 whole cloves
- 200 gr confectioners’ sugar for decoration
- Sift flour with baking powder. Set aside.
- Cream butter and gradually add sugar and beat until fluffy. Add egg yolk, brandy and vanilla. Beat again until very light. Stir in almonds.
- Blend in flour mixture, mix to form a soft, smooth dough. Chill 30 minutes or until it can be handled easily.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (325 degrees F).
- Shape level tablespoonfuls of dough into crescent shapes. Place 2 cm apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until light… but do not brown.
- Cool on rack.
- Dust generously with confectioners’ sugar.