Kourabiedes is an all times classic Christmas cookies that you will find it in every Greek home in Greece but also in many Greek Homes around the world. And here is its most traditional recipe for anyone that wants to try to make them at home.
- 250 gr sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 gr baking powder
- 225 gr butter
- 30 gr confectioners’ sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 30 ml brandy
- 3 ml vanilla extract
- 70 gr finely chopped blanched almonds
- 36 whole cloves
- 200 gr confectioners’ sugar for decoration
- Sift flour with baking powder. Set aside.
- Cream butter and gradually add sugar and beat until fluffy. Add egg yolk, brandy and vanilla. Beat again until very light. Stir in almonds.
- Blend in flour mixture, mix to form a soft, smooth dough. Chill 30 minutes or until it can be handled easily.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (325 degrees F).
- Shape level tablespoonfuls of dough into crescent shapes. Place 2 cm apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until light… but do not brown.
- Cool on rack.
- Dust generously with confectioners’ sugar.
Enjoy your homemade Kourabiedes!